Near Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
4th New Jersey Volunteers
4th N.J. Vol's
July 2-3, 1863.
Erected 1888 by State of New Jersey.
Location. 39° 48.286′ N, 77° 13.08′ W. Marker is near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is at the intersection of Granite Schoolhouse Road and Blacksmith Shop Road, on the right when traveling east on Granite Schoolhouse Road. Click for map. Located near Powers Hill adjacent to Gettysburg National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 77th New York Infantry (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battery A, Maryland Light Artillery (about 600 feet away); Battery E, Pennsylvania Light Artillery (about 800 feet away); Battery M, 1st New York Light Artillery (approx. 0.2 miles away); McAllister's Mill (approx. 0.2 miles away); 12th Corps Headquarters (approx. 0.2 miles away); Batteries B & L, Second U.S. Artillery (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Spangler Farm (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Gettysburg.
1. Detachments of the 4th New Jersey at Gettysburg
During the Battle of Gettysburg, Companies A, C, and H of the regiment were detailed to the Provost Marshall. The other seven companies were used to guard the supply trains for the army.
— Submitted November 5, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 947 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.