Marshall in Fauquier County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Campaign of Second Manassas
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number FB-4.)
Location. 38° 51.813′ N, 77° 51.596′ W. Marker is in Marshall, Virginia, in Fauquier County. Marker is on West Main Street / John Marshall Highway (Virginia Route 55), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8405 W Main St, Marshall VA 20116, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lee’s Narrow Escape (here, next to this marker); Mosby’s Rangers Disband Site (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Salem (approx. 0.3 miles away); McClellan Relieved From Command (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mosby’s Rangers Disband (approx. 0.4 miles away); Birthplace of Lt. Presley Neville O’Bannon, USMC (approx. 0.6 miles away); Number 18 School (approx. 1.6 miles away); Oak Hill (approx. 3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Marshall.
More about this marker. The marker is in the parking lot for the Marshall United Methodist
Regarding Campaign of Second Manassas. This marker is one in the set erected by the commission to trace the Second Manassas (or Northern Virginia) Campaign. Refer to the related markers below to follow the commission's "tour" by markers.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Virginia State markers for the Second Manassas Campaign.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,301 times since then and 36 times this year. This page was the Marker of the Week Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.