Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(ca. December 1870 - March 25, 1932)
Erected 1991 by the Texas Historical Commission and the Woodson-Dickey History Club. (Marker Number 9320.)
Location. 30° 34.277′ N, 97° 24.566′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on North Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 N Main St, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. City of Taylor (within shouting distance of this marker); Preslar-Hewitt Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eikel-Prewitt Building (about 300 feet away); Taylor Post Office (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church of Taylor (about 600 feet away); First Christian Church of Taylor (about 700 feet away); Taylor National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. James Lee Dickey (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Taylor.
Also see . . .
1. Handbook of Texas - Bill Pickett. (Submitted on September 10, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
2. The Bill Pickett incident:. A U.S. stamp repeats—and then corrects—an error in the historical record. (Submitted on May 29, 2009.)
Categories. • African Americans • Entertainment • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 4,361 times since then and 47 times this year. Last updated on , by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 4. submitted on . • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?