Kennesaw in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Site - Moon's Station
Oct. 3, 1864. A Federal stockade, garrisoned by 84 officers & men from the 14th & 15th Ill., was located on the high ground 50 yds. E. of the track.
The stockade was attacked & captured by Reynolds´ brigade, Walthall´s div., Stewart´s A. C. [CS] Loring´s div. captured the Acworth garrison [US], 4 mi. N., Oct. 4th.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-45.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 3.1′ N, 84° 36.921′ W. Marker is in Kennesaw, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Baker Road NW 0 miles south of Dresden Green NW, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kennesaw GA 30144, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); William A. Fuller (approx. 1.9 miles Locomotive "General" (approx. 1.9 miles away); Federal Occupation of Big Shanty (approx. 1.9 miles away); Stewart's Corps at Big Shanty (approx. 1.9 miles away); Site - Lacy Hotel (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Andrews Raid (approx. 1.9 miles away); Big Shanty (approx. 1.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Kennesaw.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,151 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.