Sunbury in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Electric Light
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 51.784′ N, 76° 47.804′ W. Marker is in Sunbury, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street (State Highway 147) and Market Street, on the right when traveling south on Front Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sunbury PA 17801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Maclay (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Northumberland County (about 700 feet away); Sunbury War Memorials (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lorenzo Da Ponte (1749-1838) (approx. 0.2 miles away); For Those Who Served (approx. 0.2 miles away); Northumberland Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Danville-Pottsville R.R. (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Hotel Edison (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sunbury.
Also see . . .
1. Edison's Electric Light and Power System (Submitted on December 11, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia.)
2. First Electric Light - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 20, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 820 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on . This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.