Near Valley Springs in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1949 by The California Centennials Commission. Based furnished by Paloma Community Club, September 5, 1949. (Marker Number 295.)
Location. 38° 15.548′ N, 120° 45.693′ W. Marker is near Valley Springs, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is at the intersection of Paloma Road and Edster Street, on the right when traveling south on Paloma Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Valley Springs CA 95252, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Double Springs (approx. 3.6 miles away); a different marker also named Double Springs (approx. 4.1 miles away); Calaveras County Courthouse and Leger Hotel (approx. 4.2 miles away); Mokelumne Hill (approx. 4.2 miles away); Emily Peek's Saloon (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named Mokelumne Hill (approx. 4.2 miles away); Chili Gulch (approx. 4.5 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 4.7 miles away).
Regarding Paloma (Fosteria).
The town was originally named Fosteria for the original owner of the land, Benjamin Franklin Foster.
Also see . . . The Gwin Mine. (Submitted on December 15, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Additional keywords. Gold Rush
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Natural Resources • Notable Events • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,815 times since then and 136 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.