Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Gahanna in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Log House

 
 
Log House Marker Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., December 14, 2008
1. Log House Marker
Inscription. Built in half dovetail construction by traveling German craftsmen with mud and hog hair chinking. House was moved from Cherrybottom Road in 1973.
 
Erected by Gahanna Historical Society.
 
Location. 40° 1.055′ N, 82° 52.715′ W. Marker is in Gahanna, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and Clark Street, on the right when traveling south on High Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus OH 43230, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Clark House (a few steps from this marker); Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gahanna Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away); Big Walnut Creek Flood of Jan-Feb 1959 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mifflin Township Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Original Port Columbus Airport Terminal (approx. 2.2 miles away); Forest Lawn Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); Norton Field (approx. 3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Gahanna.
 
Categories. Man-Made FeaturesNotable BuildingsSettlements & Settlers
 
Log House Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., December 14, 2008
2. Log House
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 687 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement