Near Mitford in Fairfield County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Graveyard Of The Richmond Covenanter Church Reformed Presbyterian
A quarter mile east
Here lie buried many of the Scotch Irish pioneers, who, in 1772, under the leadership of the Rev. William Martin, founded one of the first Covenanter churches in upper South Carolina.
Erected 1959. (Marker Number 20-17.)
Location. 34° 32.715′ N, 81° 1.446′ W. Marker is near Mitford, South Carolina, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 901 and Heritage Road, on the right when traveling north on State Highway 901. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winnsboro SC 29180, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Catholic Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.6 miles away); Mount Olivet Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Alexander's Old Fields (approx. 6.7 miles away); Battle Of Beckhamville (approx. 6.7 miles away); Burrel Hemphill (approx. 7.4 miles away); Battle of Fishing Creek (approx. 9.3 miles away); Camp Creek Methodist Church (approx. 11 miles away); Home Site of Justice John Gaston (approx. 11 miles away); Wynne Dee (approx. 11.6 miles away); Mt. Zion Society (approx. 11.7 miles away).
Regarding Graveyard Of The Richmond Covenanter Church Reformed Presbyterian.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,452 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 4. submitted on , by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. 5. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.