Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Barnesville in Lamar County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Johnstonville Historic District

Johnstonville Community Clubhouse

 
 
Johnstonville Historic District Marker Photo, Click for full size
By David Seibert, January 25, 2007
1. Johnstonville Historic District Marker
Inscription. Built in 1915 as the Johnstonville School. The school closed its doors in late 1945 and the building became the Johnstonville Community Clubhouse. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in America on November 2, 2000, along with 7,000 acres in the Johnstonville Militia District.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
 
Location. 33° 5.332′ N, 84° 4.474′ W. Marker is near Barnesville, Georgia, in Lamar County. Marker is at the intersection of Johnstonville Road and Van Buren Road, on the left when traveling west on Johnstonville Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Barnesville GA 30204, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Johnstonville – 1821 (within shouting distance of this marker); Goggans, Georgia (approx. 1.4 miles away); Confederate Hospital (approx. 5.3 miles away); Confederate Hospitals (approx. 5.3 miles away); Roosevelt’s Barnesville Speech (approx. 5.3 miles away); Lamar County (approx. 5.3 miles away); Barnesville Blues (approx. 5.4 miles away); Gordon Military College (approx. 5.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Barnesville.
 
Categories. 20th CenturyNotable BuildingsNotable Places
 
Johnstonville Historic District Marker Photo, Click for full size
By David Seibert, April 2, 2011
2. Johnstonville Historic District Marker
Johnstonville Community Center Photo, Click for full size
By David Seibert, April 2, 2011
3. Johnstonville Community Center
Built in 1915 as the Johnstonville School, which closed in 1945. The building then became the Community Center.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 837 times since then and 89 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.   2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement