Lakeland in Lanier County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 086-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 2.863′ N, 83° 2.137′ W. Marker is in Lakeland, Georgia, in Lanier County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 221 and Old River Road, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 221. Click for map. Marker is on Old River Road, at the intersection with US 221/Georgia 122 and US 129/Georgia 37. Marker is in this post office area: Lakeland GA 31635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, Burnt Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Union Church Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Union Baptist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lanier County (approx. 2.4 miles away); Home of Governor E. D. Rivers (approx. 3.4 miles away); Joshua Lee (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Court in Clinch County (approx. 9.6 miles away); Bethany Baptist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lakeland.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,411 times since then and 74 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.