Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Warsaw in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Franklin J. Fischer Addition

 
 
Franklin J. Fischer Addition Marker Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., December 22, 2008
1. Franklin J. Fischer Addition Marker
Inscription.
Opened in September, 1999

This fifteen-acre addition to the Valley View Cemetery was purchased in 1998 from Robert Bailey.

The addition is named for Franklin J. Fischer because of his dedication, commitment, and service to the Valley View Cemetery for fifty years (from 1942-1992).

For many years, he served as Secretary of the Cemetery Board and was responsible for financing and managing the funds in order to purchase additional land for expansion.

Franklin physically placed and finished many of the present monument foundations, as well as selling lots and monuments.

The Valley View Cemetery was his hobby and passion that he cared for and loved greatly.
 
Erected 1999 by Valley View Cemetery Board.
 
Location. 40° 19.463′ N, 82° 0.789′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker can be reached from Ohio Route 60 one mile south of Warsaw. Click for map. Marker is at the rear of Valley View Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw OH 43844, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Scout Headquarters (approx. 0.8 miles away); Colonel William Simmons
Valley View Cemetery Marker Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., December 22, 2008
2. Valley View Cemetery Marker
(approx. 0.8 miles away); Bouquet’s Camp (approx. 7.4 miles away); Bouquet’s Expedition (approx. 7.8 miles away); Underground Railroad Agents in Coshocton County / Muskingum River Underground Railroad Corridor (approx. 7.8 miles away); Visitor Center - 1992 (approx. 7.8 miles away); George LeRetilley House - 1853 (approx. 7.8 miles away); Village Smithy - c.1890 (approx. 7.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Warsaw.
 
Also see . . .  Valley View Cemetery. "The latest development of 15 acres, purchased in October 1998 is dedicated in the name of Franklin J. Fischer. Fischer was a long time cemetery trustee since 1943, and entrepreneur of Fischer Funeral Home, the oldest, continuously active, family owned business in Warsaw (1937)." (Submitted on December 31, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.) 
 
Categories. 20th CenturyCemeteries & Burial SitesNotable Persons
 
Franklin J. Fischer Addition Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., December 22, 2008
3. Franklin J. Fischer Addition
Franklin J. Fischer Grave Marker Photo, Click for full size
By William Fischer, Jr., October 25, 2009
4. Franklin J. Fischer Grave Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 742 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.   4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement