Near Salem, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonial Mansion Site
Erected 1927 by Conservation and Development Commission. (Marker Number 74-K.)
Location. 37° 16.757′ N, 80° 7.261′ W. Marker is near Salem, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 11) and Hawley Drive, on the right when traveling north on West Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Salem VA 24153, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Lewis (within shouting distance of this marker); 9-11-2001 Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Roanoke College (approx. 1.5 miles away); Old Salem Inns (approx. 1.6 miles away but has been reported missing); Roanoke County Confederate Monument (approx. 3.8 miles away); World War 1917 - 1919 Memorial (approx. 3.8 miles away); East Hill Cemetery North (approx. 4 miles away); Sgt. James Walton (approx. 4.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Salem.
Also see . . . History of Roanoke County - Fort Lewis. From the book History of Roanoke County by (Submitted on December 28, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,086 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Pictures of Fort Lewis ruins, if they exist. • Can you help?