Pembroke in Bryan County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 015-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 8.009′ N, 81° 37.314′ W. Marker is in Pembroke, Georgia, in Bryan County. Marker is on South College Street (Georgia Route 67) near Courthouse Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. At the Courthouse in Pembroke. Marker is at or near this postal address: 151 S. College St., Pembroke GA 31321, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Bryan County Old City Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sherman's Right Wing (approx. 8.1 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 10.1 miles away); Old River Road (approx. 11.6 miles away); Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 11.7 miles away); Upper Black Creek Church (approx. 11.7 miles away); Jencks Bridge (approx. 12.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pembroke.
Also see . . . New Georgia Encyclopedia,. Bryan County - In 1861, after the start of the Civil War (1861-65), Confederate forces built Fort McAllister (Submitted on January 2, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 985 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.