Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Washington Fire Company
—1847 — 1875 —
The Brave Fireman of Fire Station No.1
Who also served as mentors and role models for the youth of the
"Old Fort" section of Savannah
Erected 2007 by City of Savannah.
Location. 32° 4.691′ N, 81° 5.121′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker can be reached from Houston St.reet near East St. Julian Street, in the median. Click for map. In Washington Square. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Georgia Medical Society (within shouting distance of this marker); John B. Hohenstein, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Rev’d A. Dale Umbreit A. Douglass Strobhar (within shouting distance of this marker); New World Medical Plants (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Pirates House (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named The Georgia Medical Society (about 500 feet away); Old Harbor Light (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Savannah.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 934 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.