Appomattox Court House in Appomattox County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Last Artillery Shots
Erected by Appomattox Court House National Historic Park, National Park Service.
Location. 37° 22.667′ N, 78° 47.596′ W. Marker is in Appomattox Court House, Virginia, in Appomattox County. Marker is at the intersection of Price Edward Court House Road and Richmond-Lynchburg Stage Road, on the right when traveling north on Price Edward Court House Road. Click for map. Marker is in eastern part of the village of Appomattox Court House on Prince Edward Court House Road, near the Richmond-Lynchburg Stage Road. It is located in front of the Peers House. Marker is in this post office area: Appomattox VA 24522, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Final Combat (here, next to this marker); The Surrender Ceremony (within shouting distance of this marker); Lee and Grant Meet (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); “Salute of Arms” (about 500 feet away); Grant and Lee Meeting (about 500 feet away); County Jail Clover Hill Tavern (about 800 feet away); April 1865 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Appomattox Court House.
Also see . . .
1. Appomattox Court House National Historic Park. National Park Service website. (Submitted on January 22, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Appomattox Court House. CWSAC Battle Summaries website. (Submitted on January 22, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,132 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.