Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Carillon Bridge
Called ‘The Long Bridge’ for over a century, the bridge was officially named Carillon in 1933. The present bridge was reconstructed in 1990 by Reale Construction Co., Inc.
Erected 1995 by Carillon Garden Club.
Location. 43° 50.994′ N, 73° 24.842′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Montcalm Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is located in Carillon Park. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Carillon Park (here, next to this marker); Carillon Bridge (here, next to this marker); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (a few steps from this marker); Grand Carry Landing (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hon. Clayton Harris DeLano (approx. 0.4 miles away); Men of Ticonderoga (approx. half a mile away); Lord Howe’s Grave (approx. 0.6 miles away); Artillery Park (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 889 times since then and 98 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.