Near Quinton in New Kent County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
New Kent Road
Erected 1937 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number W 17.)
Location. 37° 30.863′ N, 77° 12.415′ W. Marker is near Quinton, Virginia, in New Kent County. Marker is on East Williamsburg Road (U.S. 60) 0.1 miles east of White Ooak Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Quinton VA 23141, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bottom's Bridge (a few steps from this marker); McClellan's Crossing (a few steps from this marker); Capt. John Smith Captured (a few steps from this marker); Henrico County/New Kent County (a few steps from this marker); New Kent County (within shouting distance of this marker); Orapax (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elko Community Center (approx. 1.5 miles away); Antioch Baptist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Quinton.
Also see . . . Virtual Tour by Markers of the Battle of Seven Pines. (Submitted on May 1, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Civil • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 906 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.