Louisville in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
1786 - 1986
This marker erected in 1986 in celebration of Louisville’s two hundredth anniversary and in memory of A.P. Little (1891-1971), who served as Louisville’s City Clerk-Manager from 1922 until his retirement in 1967. Given by his family.
Erected by Family of A. P. Little.
Location. 33° 0.036′ N, 82° 24.607′ W. Marker is in Louisville, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of East Broad Street (Business U.S. 1) and Walnut Street, in the median on East Broad Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Louisville GA 30434, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Market House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported missing); Old State Capitol "Yazoo Fraud" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Capitol Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); To Commemorate the Site of the First Permanent Capitol of Georgia (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rocky Comfort Creek (approx. ¾ mile away); The Ogeechee River (approx. 2.1 miles away); Old Town Plantation (approx. 8.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Louisville.
More about this marker. The marker was originally erected at the intersection of Business US 1 and US 1 at the edge of Louisville. The City Manager moved the marker to its present location in 1992 or '93.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,888 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.