Near Richmond in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Dabb House
General Lee's Headquarters.
Erected by Battlefield Markers Association. (Marker Number 12.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the D.S. Freeman (Richmond Battlefields) marker series.
Location. 37° 32.595′ N, 77° 22.986′ W. Marker is near Richmond, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker can be reached from Nine Mile Road 0.1 miles west of Dabbs House Road. Click for map. The marker is located in front of the Dabbs House Museum in the Henrico County Eastern Government Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3812 Nine Mile Road, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dabbs House (here, next to this marker); Nine Mile Road (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Burying Ground – For Colored Paupers (approx. 0.6 miles away); Oakwood Cemetery Oakwood Cemetery Confederate Section (approx. one mile away); Evergreen Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Richmond Defences (approx. 1.7 miles away); Williamsburg Road (approx. 1.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Richmond.
Regarding The Dabb House. The two-room Dabbs House, built in the 1820's, was known as High Meadow. From 1941-2005 it served as headquarters for the Henrico Division of Police. The structure has been recently renovated and opened as the Dabbs House Museum in November 2008.
Additional keywords. Freeman Markers, Richmond Battlefield Parks Corporation, Douglas Southall Freeman
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 974 times since then and 73 times this year. Last updated on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.