Sterling in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1931 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number T 38.)
Location. 39° 1.545′ N, 77° 23.49′ W. Marker is in Sterling, Virginia, in Loudoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Potomac View (Virginia Route 637) and Harry Byrd Highway (Virginia Route 7), on the right when traveling south on Potomac View. Click for map. Next to the Northern Virginia Community College (Loudoun Campus). Marker is in this post office area: Sterling VA 20164, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "The Ankerage" (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ambush at Ankers's Shop (about 600 feet away); Guilford Signal Station (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vestal's Gap Road in the 1800s (approx. 0.8 miles away); Vestal's Gap Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lanesville Historic Area Lanesville House and Vestal's Gap Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Braddock Campaign (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sterling.
Also see . . . Account of the Movements of Stuart's Cavarly. An excerpt from "The Life and Campaigns of Major-General JEB Stuart" by H. B. Mcclellan (who had served as Stuart's chief of staff during the war). (Submitted on July 10, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,647 times since then and 144 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.