Blacksburg in Montgomery County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Robert James Davidson
—Dean, Scientiﬁc Department 1903-1913
Dean, Department of Applied Science 1913-1915 —
Davidson Hall first completed 1928
Marker donated by Class of 1953
Erected by VPI Class of 1953.
Location. 37° 13.6′ N, 80° 25.489′ W. Marker is in Blacksburg, Virginia, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Drillfield Drive 0.1 miles east of Greenhouse Road, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blacksburg VA 24060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Solitude (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Edward Williams (about 300 feet away); Harvey Lee Price (about 400 feet away); Thomas Marshall Hahn Jr. (about 400 feet away); Thomas Oldham Sandy (about 400 Frank Leigh Robeson (about 400 feet away); Thomas Barksdale Hutcheson (about 600 feet away); The Alwood Oak (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Blacksburg.
Also see . . . Davidson Hall | Virginia Tech. (Submitted on February 17, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 759 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.