Warsaw in Kosciusko County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Kosciusko County Jail
Listed in National Register of Historic Places 1978. Jail closed and building leased to Kosciusko County Historical Society for first county museum 1982. County jails were first established in 1972 under laws of the Northwest Territory; they continued under laws of the Indiana Territory and state constitutions of 1816 and 1851.
Erected 2003 by Indiana Historical Bureau, Kosciusko County Historical Society, Kosciusko County Convention & Visitor Bureau and the Hall Family. (Marker Number 43.2003.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 41° 14.279′ N, 85° 51.247′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Indiana, in Kosciusko County. Marker is at the intersection of South High Street and East Center Street, on the left when traveling Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw IN 46580, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Indiana’s Glacier Lakes (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kosciusko County Civil War Memorial (about 800 feet away); General Tadeusz "Thaddeus" Kosciuszko (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kosciusko County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); M3A3 Stuart Tank (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Warsaw.
Also see . . . Indiana Historical Bureau (IHB). The IHB provides reference notes on the text of this marker. (Submitted on February 6, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,846 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.