Near Southport in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1950 by Archives, Conservation and Highway Departments. (Marker Number D-8.)
Location. 33° 57.138′ N, 78° 2.868′ W. Marker is near Southport, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is at the intersection of Southport-Supply Road (North Carolina Route 211) and Long Beach Road (North Carolina Route 133), on the left when traveling east on Southport-Supply Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Southport NC 28461, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Square (approx. 2.8 miles away); Robert C. Ruark (approx. 2.8 miles away); Robert Ruark (approx. 2.8 miles away); Southport’s First Fire Alarm (approx. 2.8 miles away); Railroad & Religion on Rhett Street (approx. 2.8 miles away); Old Jail (approx. 2.9 miles away); Indian Trail Tree (approx. 2.9 miles away); Smithville Burying Ground (approx. 2.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Southport.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. This other Fort Caswell marker is
Also see . . . History of Fort Caswell. (Submitted on February 24, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,039 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.