Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hascall's Div. Joins Cox's Line of March
July 18. Hascall’s div. left the Burdett farm (on Mt. Paran Rd) & marched N. E. to this point turned S. E. on Cox’s line of march, passing his column at the Samuel House plantation.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 54.471′ N, 84° 21.376′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Johnson Ferry Road NE 0.1 miles west of Hollis Cobb Circle, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is located in front of a medical office building. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30328, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ivy Street (approx. 1.3 miles away); Dodge's 16th A.C. Camp on Nancy's Creek (approx. 1.5 miles away); Gen. J. D. Cox's Div. To Old Cross Keys (approx. 1.6 miles away); The History of the City of Sandy Springs, Georgia (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Sandy Springs (approx. 1.8 miles away); Sandy Springs United Methodist Church Historic Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old Cross Keys (approx. 2.1 miles away); 23d A.C. to Decatur (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sandy Springs.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 830 times since then and 3 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?