Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Geary’s Three Bridges
Ireland’s Brigade quickly filed across under fire and seized the first ridge S. of the cr. Candy’s and Jones’ followed Ireland’s and cast up an entrenched bridgehead for the night.
By dawn of the 20th, two other bridges were thrown across; roads to them were cut for wagon and artillery and Williams’ division crossed. These bridges were used after the war - their ancient remains visible as late as 1913.
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-56.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 49.152′ N, 84° 24.482′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Wesley Drive NW and Northside Drive NW (U.S. 41), on the right when traveling west on Wesley Drive NW. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30309, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Geary’s Div. to Peachtree Creek (approx. 0.3 miles away); Williams' Div. Deployed (approx. 0.4 miles away); O’Neal’s Brigade at the Ravine (approx. half a mile away); Rt. Of 20th A.C. Line (approx. half a mile away); Howell's Mills (approx. half a mile away); Reynold’s Brigade (approx. half a mile away); Federal Crossings (approx. half a mile away); Geary’s Division (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 776 times since then and 21 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.