Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
UDC And Kennesaw House
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Comission. (Marker Number 033-110.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 57.173′ N, 84° 33.064′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Depot Street NW. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marietta GA 30060, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kennesaw House (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Kennesaw House (a few steps from this marker); 1916 Glover Machine Works Locomotive (a few steps from this Cobb County (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clarke Library Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cherokee Treaty (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert Edward Flournoy, Jr. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judge Debra Halpern Bernes (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Marietta.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Landmarks • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Cruce of Marietta, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,615 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.