Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Quakertown in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Quaker Meeting House

 
 
Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, February 20, 2014
1. Quaker Meeting House Marker
An early 1700s log meeting here was replaced by a stone structure in 1754. This was torn down and rebuilt in 1862, reusing the original stones. This Friends' meeting is still in use today with its extant records dating back to 1744.
Inscription. An early 1700S log meeting here was replaced by a stone structure in 1754. This was torn down and rebuilt in 1862, reusing the original stones. This Friends' meeting is still in use today with its extant records dating back to 1744.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission marker series.
 
Location. 40° 33.984′ N, 74° 56.635′ W. Marker is in Quakertown, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on County Route 579, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Quakertown NJ 08868, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Willis W. Vail (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); One-Room Schoolhouse (about 700 feet away); Quakertown Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Franklin Township WWII Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stone Mill (approx. 1.4 miles away); Century Inn (approx. 1.4 miles away); Rockhill Property (approx. 1.4 miles away); Oak Grove Grange #119 (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Quakertown.
 
More about this marker.
Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, February 20, 2014
2. Quaker Meeting House Marker
Former text of previous marker:
Site acquired by Quakers in 1733. Present meeting house rebuilt with original stone in 1862.
 
Categories. Colonial Era
 
Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, January 23, 2009
3. Quaker Meeting House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 935 times since then and 97 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey.   3. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 18, 2016.
Paid Advertisement