Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ringoes in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Black River and Western Railroad

 
 
Black River and Western Railroad Photo, Click for full size
By Alan Edelson, February 14, 2009
1. Black River and Western Railroad
Inscription. In 1854 Flemington Transportation Co. Built roadbed from Flemington to Lambertville. Became part of Pennsylvania RR in 1871. BR&WRR began operations in 1965. Other business located on site include creamery, lumber yard, mattress factory and feed mill.
 
Erected by East Amwell Township Historic Commission.
 
Location. 40° 26.456′ N, 74° 52.392′ W. Marker is in Ringoes, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on County Route 579, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ringoes NJ 08551, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Servis - Quick Family Cemetery (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ringoes (approx. 0.3 miles away); Steam Era Signal & Switchstand (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of St. Andrew's Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Amwell Academy (approx. 0.6 miles away); Academy af Arts & Science (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ringo's Tavern (approx. 0.8 miles away); Landis House (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ringoes.
 
Categories. Railroads & Streetcars
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 667 times since then and 60 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement