Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ringoes in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Site of St. Andrew's Church

 
 
Site of St. Andrew's Church Photo, Click for full size
By Alan Edelson, February 25, 2009
1. Site of St. Andrew's Church
Inscription. Prior to 1750 an Anglican church built of logs, later stone. Only portions of cemetery remain. Dr. Gershom Craven, who treated General Lafayette, is buried here. All graves face east as was the custom of the times.
 
Erected by East Amwell Township Historic Commission.
 
Location. 40° 26.147′ N, 74° 51.833′ W. Marker is in Ringoes, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Old York Road (New Jersey Route 179), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ringoes NJ 08551, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Amwell Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Academy af Arts & Science (approx. mile away); Steam Era Signal & Switchstand (approx. 0.4 miles away); Landis House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ringoes (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ringo's Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); East Amwell Veterans Honor Roll (approx. half a mile away); East Amwell Veterans (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ringoes.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.Colonial EraNotable PersonsWar, US Revolutionary
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 869 times since then and 57 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement