Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Stanton in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Stanton Reformed Church

 
 
Stanton Reformed Church and Marker Photo, Click for full size
By Alan Edelson, February 25, 2009
1. Stanton Reformed Church and Marker
Inscription. Originally called “The Dutch Reformed Church of Mt. Pleasant.” First building erected 1834. Name of village changed to Stanton in 1849.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission marker series.
 
Location. 40° 34.511′ N, 74° 50.278′ W. Marker is in Stanton, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is at the intersection of Stanton Road and Stanton Mountain Road, on the right when traveling west on Stanton Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stanton NJ 08885, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Agricultural First (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rowland's Mill (approx. 1.2 miles away); Echo Hill (approx. 1.5 miles away); Packers Island (approx. 1.6 miles away); Clinton Township 9-11 Memorial (approx. 2.5 miles away); Reading Family Mills (approx. 2.5 miles away); Raritan Township Firemen's Monument (approx. 2.7 miles away); Bluebirds, On The Road To Recovery (approx. 3.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Stanton.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 708 times since then and 43 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement