Upland in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
George Chaﬀey, Jr.
Man of Vision
Land, Water and Power
The Model Colony
Upland Sister Cities Association.
Upland's Sister City
was founded by
George and W.B. Chaffey.
John Edward Svenson, FNSS
Erected by Upland Sister Cities Association.
Location. 34° 5.945′ N, 117° 39.051′ W. Marker is in Upland, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker is on Euclid Avenue (California Route 83) south of Arrow Highway, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Statue is in front of Upland City Hall. Marker is at or near this postal address: 460 Euclid Avenue, Upland CA 91786, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Madonna of the Trail (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bear Gulch (approx. 1.6 miles away); WCTU Fountain (approx. 2.3 miles away); Red Hill (approx. 2.3 miles away); Tapia Adobe Site (approx. 2.3 miles away).
Regarding George Chaffey, Jr.. Immigrant; Great Lakes ship designer; irrigation engineer; founder of the Etiwanda community and the Etiwanda Mutual Water Company;
Also see . . .
1. George Chaffey, a Brief Biography. Page by Robert E. Ellingwood, Guest Curator, George Chaffey Exhibit, Museum of History and Art, Ontario, and Marie Boyd, Upland Public Library Foundation. On the Community Information site at Chaffey High School. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
2. Chronology of George Chaffey Jr.'s Life. Excerpt from the Etiwanda Historical Society Sesquicentennial Calendar. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
3. George Chaffey, Father of Irrigation. Biography from the Canada Heirloom Series pages on the Canada's Digital Collections site. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
4. The Chaffey Brothers. Audio Episode No. 594 in the Engines of Our Ingenuity Series, by John H. Lienhard. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
5. History of Ontario. City of Ontario in Southern California. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
6. George Chaffey: A lifetime of contributions. Book by Virginia Byrd on Amazon.com. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
7. The Old Mildura Homestead. from the “largest site on the Murray River in the World.” (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
8. George Chaffey Bridge over Murray River, Mildura. From the Roads and traffic Authority site, New South Wales. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
9. Chaffey Women Gravesite and Commemorative Garden. Photographs; names and dates of this Mildura, Victoria, historic site in Australia. (Submitted on March 14, 2006.)
Categories. • Communications • Education • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • Political Subdivisions • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Joseph Beeman of Upland, California. This page has been viewed 5,048 times since then and 6 times this year. Last updated on , by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Joseph Beeman of Upland, California. 8, 9, 10. submitted on , by Joseph Beeman of Upland, California. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.