Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Yauhannah in Georgetown County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Mount Tabor Church

 
 
Mount Tabor Church Marker Photo, Click for full size
By J. J. Prats, February 23, 2009
1. Mount Tabor Church Marker
Inscription. Organized as a result of the preaching of Elder James Singleton, the Mount Tabor congregation was constituted October 21, 1832 and admitted into Welsh Neck Baptist Association the same year. Samuel Hennecy and Uriah Woodard represented Mount Tabor at the association’s meeting and reported the church’s membership at eighty-four people.
 
Erected 1984 by the congregation. (Marker Number 22-19.)
 
Location. 33° 36.7′ N, 79° 11.767′ W. Marker is near Yauhannah, South Carolina, in Georgetown County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 701 and Exodus Drive (Local Highway 22-264), on the right when traveling north on U.S. 701. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18504 N. Fraser St, Georgetown SC 29440, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chicora Wood (approx. 6.6 miles away); Prince Frederick's Chapel (approx. 7.4 miles away); Joseph & Theodosia Burr Alston (approx. 8.5 miles away); Brookgreen Plantation (approx. 8.7 miles away); Washington Allston (approx. 8.7 miles away); Joseph Alston (approx. 8.7 miles away); Washington’s Visit (approx. 8.7 miles away); Theodosia Burr Alston (approx. 8.7 miles away).
 
More about this marker.
Mount Tabor Baptist Church and Marker Photo, Click for full size
By J. J. Prats, February 23, 2009
2. Mount Tabor Baptist Church and Marker
Marker is away from the highway, on the church driveway. It is difficult to notice when driving south because church site is shielded by trees.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Tablets on Church Photo, Click for full size
By J. J. Prats, February 23, 2009
3. Tablets on Church
The brass dedication tablet is titled “Historical Marker,” dated 1984, and lists the names of the Johnnie Young family. The marble tablets read “Mt. Tabor Baptist Church. Founded in October 21, 1832; first building. Second building started December, 1881. Dedication in August 12, 1956, third building, Pastor Rev. J. A. Faile. Third building renovated September 1986. Third building totally destroyed by fire April 29, 1991. Fourth building dedicated August 30, 1992. Built by Johnson Construction Company. Ronald Ward, Pastor.“
Mount Tabor Baptist Church Photo, Click for full size
By J. J. Prats, February 23, 2009
4. Mount Tabor Baptist Church
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 800 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement