Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lambertville in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lambertville

 
 
Lambertville Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, March 7, 2009
1. Lambertville Marker
Inscription. Earlier known as Coates' Ferry, then Coryell's Ferry. The Lambert family settled here circa 1735, and gave the town its current name.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission marker series.
 
Location. 40° 22.808′ N, 74° 56.875′ W. Marker is in Lambertville, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on N. Main Street (New Jersey Route 29), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lambertville NJ 08530, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Holcombe House (approx. 0.3 miles away); PFC. Charles L. Danberry (approx. 0.6 miles away); Centenary Methodist Church (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lambertville City Hall (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mary E. Sheridan Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); Lambertville Music Circus (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Lambertville (approx. 0.9 miles away); George Coryell’s Grave (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lambertville.
 
Categories. Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 825 times since then and 98 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement