Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
West Asheville in Buncombe County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

“End of Car Line”

1890-1934

 

—Built by Edwin G. Carrier —

 
" End of Car Line " Marker Photo, Click for full size
By Stanley and Terrie Howard, March 14, 2009
1. " End of Car Line " Marker
Inscription. The west Asheville & Sulphur springs electric railway ran from the springs to Government Street, at what is now Pritchard Park
Fare 5˘

 
Erected 1998 by The West Asheville Business Assoceation.
 
Location. 35° 34.643′ N, 82° 35.52′ W. Marker is in West Asheville, North Carolina, in Buncombe County. Marker is on Haywood Road (North Carolina Route 19/23) west of Jarrett Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Asheville NC 28806, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Olive Tilford Dargan (approx. 0.6 miles away); Electric Streetcars (approx. 1.2 miles away); Sulphur Springs (approx. 1.6 miles away); Rutherford Trace (approx. 2.1 miles away); Daniel K. Moore (approx. 2.1 miles away); Smith-McDowell House (approx. 2.1 miles away); Wartime Jail (approx. 2.2 miles away); St. Genevieve ~ Of ~ The ~ Pines (approx. 2.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Railroads & Streetcars
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 793 times since then and 46 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement