Smyrna in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Smyrna Memorial Cemetery
The earliest deed found involving this property is one from Hardy Pace to the Methodist Church dated in 1915 replacing one dated in 1846 which is said to have been destroyed in the War Between the States. The church sold lots for $10.00 and gave deeds to the owners. The church deeded the cemetery to the City of Smyrna in 1959.
Erected by The Smyrna Cemetery Association.
Location. 33° 53.001′ N, 84° 30.878′ W. Marker is in Smyrna, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Memorial Place 0 miles south of Atlanta Road SE (Georgia Route 3), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Smyrna GA 30080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mazie Whitfield Nelson (within shouting distance of this marker); Smyrna’s First Mayor First Marked Burial (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Smyrna (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hood's Corps at Battle of Ruff's Mill (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Alexander Eaton House: Hood’s H'dq'rs. (approx. 1.8 miles away); 23D Army Corps to Soap Creek (approx. 2.1 miles away but has been reported missing); The Hargrove House (approx. 2.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Smyrna.
Also see . . . History of Smyrna Cemetery. (Submitted on March 17, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 846 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.