Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lambertville in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lambertville

 
 
Lambertville Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, March 15, 2009
1. Lambertville Marker
Inscription. 1726, Coates' Ferry; 1733, Coryell's Ferry. Used by Washington, who stayed here three times. First bridge and new name, 1812.
 
Erected by State of NJ.
 
Location. 40° 22.706′ N, 74° 55.837′ W. Marker is in Lambertville, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on New Jersey Route 179, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lambertville NJ 08530, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lambertville Music Circus (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Road to Monmouth Battlefield, June 20-22, 1778 (approx. 0.8 miles away); Holcombe House (approx. 0.8 miles away); PFC. Charles L. Danberry (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Lambertville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Centenary Methodist Church (approx. one mile away); Mary E. Sheridan Park (approx. one mile away); Lambertville City Hall (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lambertville.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 589 times since then and 74 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement