Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Martinez in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Home of County Supervisor

 
 
Home of County Supervisor Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 8, 2009
1. Home of County Supervisor Marker
Inscription.
334
Talbart
Old Town Martinez
Home of Historic Interest
Home of County Supervisor
& Grangers Warehouse mngr,
Robnson Jones(1873). Later
sold to dog catcher, Capt.,
Horton (1893) who impounded
stray dogs on the property.
Built 1878

 
Location. 38° 1.009′ N, 122° 8.522′ W. Marker is in Martinez, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Talbart Street near Buckley Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 334 Talbart Street, Martinez CA 94553, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Former Anti-Aircraft W.W. II Barracks (a few steps from this marker); 335 Talbart (a few steps from this marker); 225 Buckley Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 210 Buckley (within shouting distance of this marker); 413 Talbart (within shouting distance of this marker); 216 Buckley (within shouting distance of this marker); 224 Buckley (within shouting distance of this marker); Billeci Family Home (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Martinez.
 
More about this marker. Marker is to the left of the front door. The home is a
334 Talbart Street, Martinez - Constructed 1878 image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 8, 2009
2. 334 Talbart Street, Martinez - Constructed 1878
private residence.
 
Regarding Home of County Supervisor. The City of Martinez' Historical Resource Inventory of June 1982 indicates that, "When built was similar to 304 Talbart St., but was altered in 1894 when it was home of Jaspar Jones of the Alhambra Poultry Yards. The building was originally owned by Robinson M. Jones, son of Nathanial Jones, and first wharfinger of Granger Wharf in 1876".
 
Also see . . .  The City of Martinez' Historical Inventory of 1982. The historical inventory contains a short history of Martinez, and a listing and short descriptions of the various historical buildings and locations in Martinez. (Submitted on March 18, 2009.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 787 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement