Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Saint Mary of the Springs Academy / Anne O'Hare McCormick 1880-1954
Saint Mary of the Springs Academy
Anne O'Hare McCormick 1880-1954
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The International Paper Company Foundation, The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 49-25.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 39° 59.446′ N, 82° 56.51′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Click for map. Marker is on the grounds of Ohio Dominican University, about 600 feet up the drive from the school entrance at the intersection of Airport Drive/Leonard Avenue and Sunbury Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2320 Airport Drive, Columbus OH 43219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Spirit of the Springs (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ohio Dominican University Est. 1911 / Early Sister-Founderesses of Ohio Dominican University (about 700 feet away); Mount Vernon Community School (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bexley (approx. 1.5 miles away); Camp Bushnell Bexley World War II Memorial (approx. 1.5 miles away); Formerly Maryland Park (approx. 1.7 miles away); Asians in the American Civil War (approx. 1.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Also see . . .
1. Ohio Dominican University website. (Submitted on March 30, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Anne O'Hare McCormick. (Submitted on March 30, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
3. Anne O'Hare McCormick obituary from New York Times. (Submitted on March 30, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches, Etc. • Education • Natural Features • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 1,820 times since then and 93 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.