Inscription. 37 lots of approximately 500 acres each given by William Penn to his colonists in 1702 although they lay in Maryland and were part of George Talbotís “Susquehanna Manor” of 32,000 acres granted him in 1680 by Lord Baltimore.
By William Pfingsten, July 17, 2007
|1. The Nottingham Lots Marker|
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 39° 42.083′ N, 76° 2.27′ W. Marker is near Rising Sun, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on Telegraph Road (Maryland Route 273) 0.6 miles east of Stevens Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rising Sun MD 21911, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Nottingham Academy (approx. 2.9 miles away); Brick Meeting House (approx. 3 miles away); In Memory of the Unknown Soldiers (approx. 3 miles away); a different marker also named West Nottingham Academy (approx. 3 miles away); This Tablet is in Commemoration (approx. 3 miles away); Calvert Village (approx. 3 miles away); Richards Oak (approx. 3.8 miles away); Cummings Tavern (approx. 5.1 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . The Nottingham Lots and the Early Quaker Families. 2001 paper presented by Robert Warwick Day, Ph.D.
(Submitted on July 20, 2007.)
Credits. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,711 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on July 18, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |