Inscription. To St. Mary Anne’s Church, North Elk Parish, North East, Maryland. Built in 1733, the oldest remaining gravestone in 1968 records the death of Thomas Shepherd, August 28, 1742.
By William Pfingsten, July 17, 2007
|1. Site of Chapel-of-Ease Marker|
|Marker is located at a mobile home park. There is no indication of a church or cemetery anywhere in the area.|
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 39° 38.031′ N, 76° 4.936′ W. Marker is near Port Deposit, Maryland, in Cecil County. Marker is on Dr. Jack Road 0.3 miles from Jacob Tome Memorial Highway (Maryland Route 276), on the right. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Deposit MD 21904, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cummings Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Woodlawn Camp Meeting (approx. 1.2 miles away); Flight 605 (approx. 1.8 miles away); West Nottingham Academy (approx. 2.5 miles away); This Tablet is in Commemoration (approx. 2.5 miles away); a different marker also named West Nottingham Academy (approx. 2.6 miles away); John A. J. Creswell (approx. 2.7 miles away); Gerry House (approx. 2.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Port Deposit.
Credits. This page originally submitted on July 18, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,379 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on July 18, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |