Cleveland in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Near this site Fort Huntington was Erected
Fort Huntington was erected
by Captain Stanton Sholes' Company
On June 19, 1813, a part of the British flee appeared off the fort but was driven away by a storm and no attack made. General William Henry Harrison and staff inspected the fort July, 1813.
Erected by the National Society, United States Daugthers of 1812, Commodore Perry Chapter, Cleveland, O.
Marked on the 125th anniversary of the founding of Cleveland, A.D. 1921.
Hon. W.S. Fitzgerald, Mayor
Erected 1921 by National Society, United States Daugthers of 1812, Commodore Perry Chapter.
Location. 41° 30.146′ N, 81° 41.892′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Lakeside Avenue near West 3rd Street. Click for map. Marker is located in Fort Huntington Park. Marker is in this post office area: Cleveland OH 44114, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Com. Oliver Hazard Perry (a few steps from this marker); Dear General, We have met the enemy and they are ours (within shouting distance of this marker); Navy Bicentennial (within shouting distance of this The Burnham Mall (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Stone Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Ohio AFL-CIO (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ohio State Bar Association (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cuyahoga County Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cleveland.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 770 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.