Lakewood in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Oldest Stone House
This house of
was built circa 1838 by
A Scottish Weaver
This tablet placed by
Lakewood Chapter, D.A.R. 1949
Erected 1949 by Lakewood Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 29.604′ N, 81° 47.905′ W. Marker is in Lakewood, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Lake Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lakewood OH 44107, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nicholson Homestead (approx. one mile away); Detroit Avenue Bridge (approx. 1.9 miles away); Rockport Cemetery of Pioneer Days (approx. 3.5 miles away); Site of Colonel John Bradstreet's Disaster (approx. 3.6 miles away); Bain Park Cabin (approx. 4.6 miles away); John W. Heisman Birth Site (approx. 4.8 miles away); Alexis de Tocqueville (approx. 5 miles away); Ohio and Erie Canal (approx. 5 miles away).
Also see . . . The Oldest Stone House Museum. (Submitted on April 18, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 736 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 4, 5. submitted on , by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.