Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Annandale in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Jones Tavern

 
 
Jones Tavern Marker Photo, Click for full size
By Alan Edelson, April 22, 2009
1. Jones Tavern Marker
Inscription. Established in 1760 by Captain Thomas Jones. During the Revolution was one of the recruiting stations for the militia of Hunterdon County.
 
Erected by Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Hunterdon County Cultural and Heritage Commission marker series.
 
Location. 40° 38.403′ N, 74° 53.422′ W. Marker is in Annandale, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Beaver Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Annandale NJ 08801, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Annandale Historic District (approx. 0.4 miles away); Christopher Vought House (approx. half a mile away); Annandale Reformed Church (approx. half a mile away); Central Railroad Of New Jersey (approx. 0.7 miles away); Gen. George W. Taylor (approx. 0.9 miles away); General George W. Taylor (approx. 0.9 miles away); Town of Clinton, New Jersey (approx. one mile away); Four Corners (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Annandale.
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsWar, US Revolutionary
 
Jones Tavern Photo, Click for full size
By Alan Edelson, April 22, 2009
2. Jones Tavern
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,406 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement