Jonesboro in Clayton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Three of Lowrey’s brigades, diverted by finding Kilpatrick’s dismounted cav. [US] this side Flint River, not only drove it across but pursued it to the other side. Maney swung to the right, closing the gap made by Lowrey’s deflection, but Brown’s div. had been repulsed before Maney could align on its left.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 031-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 31.286′ N, 84° 21.689′ W. Marker is in Jonesboro, Georgia, in Clayton County. Marker is at the intersection of Fayetteville Road (Georgia Route 54) and West Mill Road, on the right when traveling south on Fayetteville Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jonesboro GA 30236, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker Battlefield Landmark (approx. 0.3 miles away); Heritage Place (approx. 0.4 miles away); Clayton County (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Johnson-Blalock House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lee's Corps Withdrawn (approx. half a mile away); Attack by Lee's Corps (approx. 0.7 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. ¾ mile away); Two Days of Battle at Jonesboro (approx. ¾ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Jonesboro.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 934 times since then and 108 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.