Dallas in Gaston County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Smyre - Pasour House
This building was sold in 1851 to Ely Pasour, State Legislator, Postmaster and First Mayor of Dallas. The northern addition was used as a classroom for privately tutoring boys. The granite upping block near the street was used to mount horses....
Erected by Historic Preservation Commission Gaston County. N.C.
Location. 35° 18.967′ N, 81° 10.641′ W. Marker is in Dallas, North Carolina, in Gaston County. Marker is on South Holland Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas NC 28034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dallas (within shouting distance of this marker); Hoffman Hotel 1852 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Gaston County Courthouse (about 300 feet away); Vietnam Memorial (about 300 feet away); William C. Friday (about 400 feet away); Gaston County Courthouse (former) (about 400 feet away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 400 feet away); Rhyne Store (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 655 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.