Cumberland in Allegany County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This Tablet Marks the Site of Old Fort Cumberland
Erected 1920 by Cresap Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 39.049′ N, 78° 45.878′ W. Marker is in Cumberland, Maryland, in Allegany County. Marker is at the intersection of Greene St. and Washington Street on Greene St.. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cumberland MD 21502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Fort Cumberland (here, next to this marker); Alteration of the Site (within shouting distance of this marker); Abandonment of Ft. Cumberland (within shouting distance of this marker); Trenches and Tunnels / Army Discipline (within shouting distance of this marker); Perimeter of the Fort (about 300 feet away, measured Col. Thomas Cresap (about 300 feet away); French and Indian War (about 300 feet away); National Road Monument (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Cumberland.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Notable Persons • Notable Places • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,175 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.