Harpers Ferry in Jefferson County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Harper House Tavern
—Meriwether Lewis at Harpers Ferry —
Marker series. This marker is included in the Lewis & Clark Expedition marker series.
Location. 39° 19.381′ N, 77° 43.853′ W. Marker is in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Church Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located in the Lower Town section of Harpers Ferry National Historic Site, across the street from the St. Peter's Roman Church. Marker is in this post office area: Harpers Ferry WV 25425, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Springhouses and Root Cellars (here, next to this marker); Harper House (here, next to this marker); St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church (a few steps from this marker); Sweets for Harpers Ferry (within shouting distance of this marker); Casualty of War (within shouting distance of this marker); High Street in 1886 Shenandoah Street about 1880 (within shouting distance of this marker); "for the deposit of arms" (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Harpers Ferry.
Categories. • Exploration • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 935 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.