Whitehouse in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
“From Here They Served”
—1776 - 1976 —
State Chapter #51
Erected by Old Whitehouse Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 37.342′ N, 74° 45.942′ W. Marker is in Whitehouse, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on New Jersey Route 22, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Whitehouse NJ 08888, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rockaway Valley Railroad 1888 (approx. half a mile away); Leake - Stillwell Mills (approx. half a mile away); White House Station (approx. half a mile away); Site of Colonel John Mehelm House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Readington Township Veterans Monument (approx. 1.2 miles away); Blue Star Highway (approx. 1.4 miles away); Whitehouse Veterans Monument (approx. 2.1 miles away); Potterstown (approx. 2.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Whitehouse.
Also see . . . Abraham Van Horne. About 1750 Abraham Van Horne built the first tavern in (Submitted on May 27, 2009, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 989 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.