Ceres in Stanislaus County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Ceres Volunteer Fire Department
Organized June 1, 1911
George W. Wood
— Reorganized 1921—
Erected by the People of
Erected 1940 by The People of Ceres.
Location. 37° 35.442′ N, 120° 57.284′ W. Marker is in Ceres, California, in Stanislaus County. Marker can be reached from 3rd Street near El Camino Street. Click for map. Marker is located at the Southern end of Whitmore Park. Marker is in this post office area: Ceres CA 95307, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ceres War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Guns Are Silent (approx. 4.2 miles away); Modesto War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named Modesto War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Modesto – Stanislaus County Seat (approx. 4.2 miles away); Silent City (approx. 4.2 miles away); Grand Army of the Republic (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Paper Boy (approx. 4.2 miles away).
Also see . . . A Short History of Ceres, California. (Submitted on May 30, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Additional keywords. Fire Fighter Monuments
Categories. • Heroes •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,253 times since then and 81 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.