Near Anderson in Anderson County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Wilton E. Hall Bridge
Wilton E. Hall
The Anderson Independent
For his dedicated service
to Anderson County
and South Carolina
Location. 34° 32.324′ N, 82° 49.306′ W. Marker is near Anderson, South Carolina, in Anderson County. Marker is on Interstate 85 south of South Carolina Highway 187. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Anderson SC 29625, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saylors Bridge (approx. 0.9 miles away but has been reported missing); Portman Shoals (approx. one mile away); Townville Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Roberts Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Sandy Springs Camp Ground / Confederate Muster Ground (approx. 5.9 miles away); Nazareth on the Beaverdam Presbyterian Church / Townville Presbyterian Church (approx. 6 miles away); Oliver Bolt's Cotton Gin (approx. 6.8 miles away); Anderson Regional Airport (approx. 6.9 miles away); Woodburn Historic House (approx. 7.2 miles away); Woodburn Plantation (approx. 7.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Anderson.
Also see . . .
1. Wilton E. Hall. Wilton Earle Hall (March 11, 1901 - February 25, 1980) was a United States Senator from South Carolina. (Submitted on September 25, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Anderson Independent. The Anderson Independent-Mail, known as Independent Mail, is the local newspaper for Anderson County in the state of South Carolina, published by the Independent Publishing Co., a division of the E.W. Scripps Company. (Submitted on September 25, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Wilton Earle Hall (1901-1980) - Find a Grave Memorial. Birth: Mar. 11, 1901. Death: Feb. 25, 1980. (Submitted on September 25, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
1. Wilton Earle Hall (1901-1980)
Wilton Earle Hall, a Senator from South Carolina; born in Starr, Hall Township, Anderson County, S.C., March 11, 1901; attended the public schools and Furman University, Greenville, S.C.; founded a morning newspaper in Anderson, S.C., in 1924, and in 1929 acquired an evening newspaper; in 1935 established a radio station; chairman of the South Carolina Planning Board 1934-1938; appointed on November 20, 1944, as a Democrat to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the death
— Submitted September 25, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 963 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. 5. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.